Serving Hotels, Education, Healthcare, Retail, and Restaurants
Global Construction & Development Corp. offers clients a green-building approach to apply to their commercial remodel projects. We utilize energy-efficient, cost-effective, low-maintenance products to create a balance between producing a lighter environmental footprint for your building remodel, while fostering a thoughtful design to enhance health, productivity, and flow.
Why choose Global Construction & Development Corp.?
- 30 years of construction experience
- Creative Value Engineering capabilities
- The majority of trades are performed by in-house staff to better control quality, efficiency, and project costs
- License and permit capacities in most US states and the Caribbean Islands
- State-of-the art communications and operations systems
- Rapid-response mobilization and fast-track schedule
GCDC's Energy Efficient Options for Your Remodel:
- Incorporate natural lighting. Studies have shown that it has a positive impact on productivity and well-being.
- Install high-efficiency lighting systems with advanced lighting controls. Include motion sensors tied to dimmable lighting controls.
- Use a properly sized and energy-efficient heat/cooling system in conjunction with a thermally efficient building shell.
- Minimize the electric loads from lighting, equipment, and appliances.
- Utilize alternative energy sources
- Use dimensional planning and other material efficiency strategies. These strategies reduce the amount of building materials needed and cut construction costs.
- Reuse and recycle construction and demolition materials.
- Managing materials through deconstruction, demolition, and construction.
- Design a functionalrecycling collection space, to incorporate a solid waste management program.
GCDC's ENERGY STAR qualified Buildings Feature:
- Effective Insulation - Properly installed insulation that meets or exceeds national code requirements helps achieve even temperatures throughout the house while using less energy. The result is lower utility costs and a quieter, more comfortable home.
- High-Performance Windows - Advanced window coatings help keep heat in during winter and out during summer. They also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor carpets and furniture.
- Tight Construction and Tight Ducts - Attention to detail by sealing all holes, cracks, and seams in ducts and construction assemblies helps eliminate drafts, moisture, dust, pests, and pollen. This improves comfort and the quality of indoor air, while lowering maintenance costs.
- Energy-Efficient Heating and Cooling Equipment - More efficient and properly sized heating and cooling systems use less energy, which reduces utility bills. These systems also turn on and off less frequently, removing more humidity and providing better comfort.